Saturday, July 9, 2011

SKETCHES / HARRY POTTER

Hey internet,

I had a very nice visit home for 4th of July (my favorite holiday) - here's a sketchbook spread from that trip.

Doc's office

Immediately upon returning to the bay area I set to work on this piece for Alyssa Nassner's Ten Paces & Draw blog, in which artists make sketches based on a theme (this week was Harry Potter), then swap to finalize another artist's piece. Here is my version of Gaelyn Woltz's original sketch, showing the Fat Lady painting that guards Harry's dorm room. I think most people, myself included, always imagined the Fat Lady painting to be a very classicized Roccoco sort of image, but I thought it'd be fun to see a more "20th century" Hogwarts.

The Fat Lady

Below is my sketch for the project, which was also re-interpreted by Gaelyn.

The Pensieve - sketch


See the rest of the swaps over at Ten Paces : http://ten-paces.blogspot.com

In other news - I just revamped my website, adding new sections, adding some new work, removing some old work, etc. Check it out over at http://www.nivbavarsky.com

Thanks internet!
Love,
Niv

No comments: